Backbase provides a compelling opportunity for talented sales (hunter) professionals to work with prospects in various regions around the world. We are looking for mid-career sales professionals that are ready to play champions league and work with leading banks around the world, closing 1+ Million Euro deals. Backbase has an innovative, team-oriented, can-do culture. We offer a flexible, informal and fast paced working environment, enable you to travel / see the world and empower you to grow as a sales professional.
As an Account Executive you carry your own sales quota within one of our regional sales teams. You report to the Regional Sales Director, and will be responsible for developing and converting new opportunities into successful and happy customers. You closely collaborate with demand gen specialist and our pre-sales consultants, as well as the professional services organization. Also, this role will involve working in close cooperation with sales counterparts from our partner base in the region.
- Identify and qualify new regional sales opportunities. Working closely together with regional demand generation specialist on pipeline management.
- Manage day-to-day relationship between Backbase and prospects throughout the buy cycle. Work closely together with pre-sales experts on RFPs, deep dives, pitches and POCs.
- Develop active partner relationships in the region that result in nett new software business. Facilitate partner and Backbase sales team alignment, target account nomination and opportunity planning to drive joint license (Backbase) and service (partner) wins. Achieve license and service targets as agreed.
- Cultivate future projects and identify new opportunities in existing client base.
- Work closely with regional sales director, legal and finance on structuring and closing pricing and legal contracting aspects.
- Bachelor or University degree, and looking forward to pursuing a career with an international company.
- 5 - 8 years’ relevant sales – hunter - experience (mid career) – preferably with software / saas companies.
- Fluent in French.
- Smart: ability to understand customer business drivers and ability to establish buy-in at all levels (sales management, delivery leads and senior/executive management).
- Demonstrable success in managing executive relationships with partners and/or customers.
- Digital-minded and tech-savvy. Very good understanding of the business value of digital and omni-channel customer interactions.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation and communication skills, verbal and written (English).
- Proven track record in meeting sales targets. Set objectives and plan accordingly to achieve those targets.
- Ability to travel (30%-50%)
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.