Worldwide, millions of people rely for their daily banking activities on the products we create here at Backbase. Hundreds of financial institutions around the globe are using the Backbase platform. Not one implementation is the same as another. As we successfully progress in our market, so the technology becomes more complex.
The Back-end Lead is part of the professional services team, a team of specialists with the necessary levels of skill and experience to ensure our product is implemented successfully for our customers. You will lead a team of Back-end Engineers with focus on best practices within the quality and work closely with the rest of the leadership team to ensure the organisation is always running smoothly. You and your team are responsible for spot-on support, and you’re the go-to expert for anything back-end related. As soon as you enter the customer’s world, you’re on your own. The pressure is on, the clock is ticking, and customer expectations are sky high. You will encounter situations that demand prompt, yet smart actions.
What will you be doing?
Your core responsibility is to expertly solve problems and liaise with fellow developers on client and partner sides. It’s your job to guarantee that the Backbase platform can be seamlessly integrated into customers’ systems. In case of issues, you will take off to service our partners and customers.
You will build beautiful code, run tests, and coach a team of developers on the client side. You will provide support by providing solicited and unsolicited advice, mentoring, audits and training on the job. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself on-site presenting technology rationales to a boardroom full of experts. With your confidence and skills, you meet and exceed customer desires. You leave behind an impeccable impression and you will bring home components that can be reused or further developed.
Who are you?
- You are a true leader and creator who’s sensitive to product enhancement, evolving and adapting to changing software landscapes.
- You talk Java, you love Spring, you like microservices and you have more than five years’ experience with integration patterns and frameworks (Apache Camel, Spring Integration).
- You know about TDD and agile development methodologies, and you don’t mind turning your hand to server configurations.
- You’re a team player with a can-do mentality.
- You know when to use your creativity and when to consult your colleagues.
- Because you will be working on a global scale, you easily blend into any work culture.
- You definitely over-deliver without under-promising.
- You have the courage to learn, and to share your learning process with us.
- You have strong hands-on programming skills, and you create smart code.
- The knowledge you have, you really own, and you know how to present it properly.
- We won’t have to tell you anything about enterprise software architectures, nor web technologies, because your expert knowledge is up to date.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.