The Bid Business Analyst is a junior/medior role within the Bid Team and is part of the Backbase Professional Services (PS) team. PS is a team of highly motivated specialists with the specific skills and experience required to make sure that the implementation of our products at our customer’s location goes ahead as smoothly as possible. The PS team also provides product training and implementation support services to all of our customers and partners.
Every project has its own set of unique challenges that must be overcome, and PS team members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone.
Our PS consultants work closely with partners and customers all over the world. They have the professional and personal skills required to develop, teach, support and lead teams towards successfully delivering our enterprise solution and achieving their goals.
As part of the PS team, you will report to the BA Chapter Lead.
As Bid Business Analyst, you are part of the Bid Team that handles outgoing project proposals during the sales cycle. You’re responsible for analyzing and estimating qualified sales opportunities and providing advice to our sales department on product positioning. Occasionally, you will travel to prospects to gather requirements together with the sales team.
This is a crucial role within the Backbase PS team, because you’re making sure our proposals result in feasible project plans and meet customer expectations. The job offers a launching pad towards a Senior Business Analyst role to work side by side with our customers worldwide and guide successful implementations with the Backbase product.
The Bid Business Analyst is expected to:
- Extract, gather and prioritize requirements from client documentation.
- Collaborate closely with the sales representative to ensure understanding of customer needs and priorities.
- Execute product gap analysis.
- Collaborate with front- and back-end developers to estimate gap requirements.
- Ensure Backbase opportunities are answered on time.
- Provide the right product positioning to maximize project and customer success.
- Contribute to Bid Team process improvement.
You need to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders within Backbase, and potential customers at various levels. Organizational and cultural sensitivity are must-have traits.
Skills & knowledge:
- University education and degree (preferable business or IT-related).
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience in working for a digital company.
- Experienced with Web Content Management.
- Experienced with Digital Marketing Tools.
- Experienced in requirements management and/or process modeling.
- Knowledge of multiple development methodologies, e.g., RUP, Kanban, Scrum, Waterfall.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English. Additional languages are a bonus.
- Perseverance and pragmatism to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment.
- Motivated to accelerate your career in the vibrant digital banking sector within a well-known fintech company.
- Experienced in business processes and forms solutions.
- Experience in financial services industry.
- Experienced with digital marketing.
- Experienced with ecommerce.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.