The Business Analyst is a member of the Research & Development team. R&D is a multidisciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers, guided by the Chief Architect and the R&D manager. The team is responsible for the entire software development life cycle of the Backbase widget collection, Retail Banking and digital banking services. With your experience and skills, you will contribute to the quality of our software products, helping to realize successful customer implementations by our Professional Services consultants and partners. You will also benefit from the knowledge and experience of your R&D colleagues. We work in scrum teams in order to deliver new functionality in every release, closely cooperating with Product Managers and the Professional Services team. The complexity and nature of the product, combined with the latest technology trends, makes working in R&D at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
As a Business Analyst at Backbase, you work closely with our product teams, the Backbase UX design and the development team. You are responsible for analyzing, capturing, and writing detailed requirements for the new product initiatives. This is a crucial role within Backbase, because you’re in the driver’s seat to help our development teams deliver business value.
The Business Analyst is expected to:
- Analyze and capture requirements of the product in close collaboration with your stakeholders.
- Write functional requirements using use case specifications, user stories, flow diagrams, sequence diagrams and acceptance criteria.
- Support and work closely with the product owners for multiple initiatives.
You’re a digital native with an entrepreneurial background, with a thorough understanding of the banking domain. Besides this, you know enough tech to talk tech, and enough UX to talk UX. You can translate customer opportunities and pain points into detailed product requirements and have the communication and execution skills to deliver quality output with your team.
You’re used to taking responsibility and contribute to the full SDLC of your squad, focusing on requirements gathering. You will spend time with customers to understand their challenges, while gathering insights into how to solve problems and deliver new features. You know how to bring value to an MVP or prototype, and iterate to full product. You believe in a ‘lean startup’ approach to product development that’s focused around a constant cycle of feedback, measure and optimize versus going for a ‘big bang’.
Skills & knowledge:
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst in software development.
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience working in the banking domain/fintech.
- Great communication skills, excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Hands-on mentality, self-starter, ability to work with deadlines.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and create specific and meaningful requirements.
- Ability to effectively break down requirements and translate to appropriate-sized epics and user stories.
- Ability to work independently and achieve results.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment.
- Perseverance and pragmatism to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge and experience with agile methodologies, e.g., Scrum, Kanban.
- Experience with digital/online banking.
- Experience with UX and design.
- Experienced with tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Experienced with portal technology.
- All-round skills from technology, to user experience and requirements analysis.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.