Backbase provides a compelling opportunity for talented sales and business development professionals to further expand our already successful customer base. Mid-career professionals can grow their career into senior/director level roles in business development and/or sales.
Backbase has an innovative, team-oriented, can-do culture. We offer a flexible, informal and exciting working environment, with plenty of opportunities to grow as a professional and as an individual.
As Business Development Manager in the Backbase Sales team in Amsterdam, you will have significant impact on our growth and success. You will report to the Regional Sales Director and work alongside Inside Sales Representative.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for creating new opportunities with our existing customer base, as well as developing and converting new opportunities into successful and happy customers. The work is achieved in close cooperation with the marketing team, the pre-sales team, as well as the professional services organization. Also, this role will involve working in close cooperation with our partner base in the region.
- Manage day-to-day business relationship between Backbase and (potential) customers. Communicate consistently with customers throughout the contract life cycle, escalating important issues where needed to support business development, partner management and sales management.
- Work closely with alliance management and sales management to ensure customer closing in the region.
- Develop new relationships in the region.
- Nurture relationships with potential opportunities in the region.
- Cultivate future projects and identify new opportunities in existing client base.
- Maintain relationships with partners in the region.
- Support strategy and pipeline management with Regional Business Development Managers and involve partner capabilities prior to deals signed.
- Facilitate partner and Backbase sales team alignment, target account nomination and opportunity planning to drive joint license (Backbase) and service (partner) wins. Achieve license and service targets as agreed.
- Help customers in selecting right Professional Service Partnerships on Backbase Digital Banking Platform.
- Identify delivery and competence needs, and align with Backbase partners and Backbase Professional Services.
- Track status of sales cycles and implementation projects of partners’ (prospective) customers.
- Bachelor or University degree, and looking forward to pursuing a career with an international company.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience (mid-career).
- Background in web/marketing agency and/or enterprise software.
- Smart: ability to understand customer business drivers and ability to establish buy-in at all levels (sales management, delivery leads and senior/executive management).
- Demonstrable success in managing executive relationships with partners and/or customers.
- Ability to influence sales, pre-sales and delivery teams based on partner insights.
- Digital-minded and tech-savvy.
- Understanding of partner ecosystems.
- Understanding of the value of digital and omni-channel.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation and communication skills, verbal and written both in English and German.
- Ability to set clear targets and development plans. Set objectives to achieve those targets.
After a period of introduction and getting acquainted with Backbase, the products and services set as well as the industry, this role will require travel in the region.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!