The Client Service Manager (CSM) is a highly visible leader responsible guaranteeing the entire post-sale success and ensuring the satisfaction of a portfolio of Backbase customers. Your goal is to make sure that every customer’s project in your portfolio continues to be successful and that the customers remain committed to Backbase for life by forging a trusted advisor relationship. You will bring Backbase’s best ideas, innovations, and our implementation know-how to your customers and match them to the customer’s business goals, driving greater business value and executive alignment between Backbase and the customer. The CSM is knowledgeable and passionate about modern web and mobile technology and combines this with exceptional customer management and sales skills, with experience working with and at senior management and C- suite levels. Working closely with Backbase project teams and Backbase preferred implementation partners, you will help our customers to get the most value out of their Backbase platform. You will also serve as an escalation point for issues that impact the customer’s success and drive risk mitigation. You will also be expected to travel to customer locations around North and South America. This is a huge opportunity to become part of a young, ambitious and fast growing high-tech company with the potential to help define the vision for how we support some of our most important clients. The CSM will report to the VP Sales Globally of Backbase.
- The sale and delivery of Backbase Professional Services, which range from mentoring & training services to the delivery of turnkey implementation solutions and the creation and implementation of support services that enable clients to become high performance businesses.
- Working with teams of specialists, you will be required to be the driving force behind end-to-end digital transformation projects.
- You must ensure all team stakeholders are fully aligned to efficiently deliver fantastic customer support.
- Close sales for add-on services and renewal of business deals by managing all aspects of pipeline building, funnel management, deal tracking, negotiation, and closure.
- Managing executive, mid-level, and project relationships among a diverse set of customers, ensuring that customers get the most out of their investment, utilize all their licenses, identify new opportunities, and collaborate with sales teams to ensure license growth is attained and our footprint increases.
- Liaise between the product management team and the customer to communicate our roadmap and how it pertains to them.
- Escalate customer issues ensuring they are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Leverage broad-based industry knowledge and marketplace expertise to fully understand the impact of emerging trends and technologies on the business.
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent; MBA or advanced degree preferred).
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience in selling and delivering Professional Services engagements with large enterprise customers.
- A personal track record of the successful sale and delivery of consulting services
- Completely comfortable dealing with large, complicated, political accounts at the most senior IT and business levels.
- Must be able to work at all levels: bottom up and top down. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog.
- Passionate for web, mobile and digital transformation technology - the key challenges and paradigm shifts, including creating seamless omni-channel customer experiences, digital marketing, and big data dimensions with a willingness and ability to dive into the details of technology, process, and best practices.
- Natural leader, self-motivated and action/results oriented.
- Well organized with pragmatic problem solving skills and the ability to create structure and successfully under tight project deadlines.
- Driven nature and desire to grow a business, with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure.