Backbase is expanding. There is no doubt that we have the best possible solution in our niche market. But if you think that winning over clients comes by itself, think again. It’s a tough process.
As a Solution Architect it is your core responsibility, together with your team, to support the technical evaluation process and to deliver remarkable results on a continuous basis. Your job is to take away all possible concerns that may exist with the prospect.
Whether you talk to the board of directors, the marketing team or the IT department; you turn every red light green. You like, no… You love to travel. We work on a global scale and our team operates without regions. So if you don’t already have a frequent flyer status, you will do so within a year.
What will you be doing?
As a Solution Architect you will work directly with customers, field sales, delivery and product development teams to help ensure the successful incubation, adoption and enablement of our customers.
Earning the right as a trusted advisor requires a unique blend of being polished with customers, being technically savvy, incorporating out of the box thinking, and having the ability to drive and engage multiple stakeholders to translate and communicate business requirements into a solution vision that meets the customer's business needs.
The Solution Architect must be a highly organized, thorough and motivated professional that understands the importance of being a strong team player and leader when it comes to forging a solution and liaising with customers. The role will include being a key field partner for engineering teams, working closely with customers, as well as assisting initial sales and delivery to customers who require advanced architecture designs and services. Your knowledge and experiences will also be leveraged as a part of continuous feedback loop to drive architectural best practices and tooling required to increase adoption, retention and overall customer experience.
A successful candidate will wear many hats, and your work will have a real impact on the success of Backbase customers and their business. You’ll be part of an agile and bright team that embraces open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and a shared focus on customer success.
Who are you?
You’re technically proficient and have the patience and passion to guide prospects and stakeholders through all the capabilities of the Backbase Platform. Whether it’s a best-practice session for a new customer, addressing technical pain points, or enabling a team on the Backbase technology, you’re willing to take the time to provide deep explanations and find solutions where needed.
- An ability to rapidly understand and translate clients’ business challenges and concerns into a solution oriented discussion.
- Persuasive communication skills for presenting to all customer levels, from CTOs/CIOs, to engineering managers and developers.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking for troubleshooting problems.
- Willingness to travel (30-50%)
What do you bring to the table?
- A demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Understanding of Highly-Available and Distributed architectures, including Micro-Services architecture
- Understanding of different deployment architectures, such as virtualized, containerized, PaaS, IaaS, CaaS and others.
- Programming experience in Java platform
- Understanding of Security Architecture and Principles
- Understanding of Enterprise architecture principles, such as Identity and Access Management as well as Master Data Management
- Proficiency in modelling, such as ERD, UML and Ad-Hoc diagramming
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, including Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Knowledge in Enterprise Integration Patterns and Enterprise Application Integration principles, as well as frameworks
- Understanding Web Services and REST API modelling, including experience with RAML and/or OpenAPI
- Prior experience in a customer facing, technical role and demonstrated success in deploying technical solutions to meet customer's business goals.
- Hands-on Development - preferably a heavy Integrations background in the digital banking space.
What will we offer you?
At Backbase we invest in our professionals. When you give your best, we believe we have to do so as well. Just a competitive salary is not enough. You receive time to educate yourself and you work with excellent specialists. Lunch will be prepared for you daily. Plus we have weekly drinks on Friday. Ooh, and did we already mention that you get to travel a lot? Being a Solution Architect at Backbase is one of the coolest jobs in your field of expertise. Knowing all the answers just feels pretty amazing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.