The Customer Success Director has overall accountability and responsibility for managing a portfolio of enterprise customers in North America. In this role, the Customer Success Director will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution helping Backbase enterprise customers successfully execute their digital transformation program through our Backbase Digital Banking platform, professional services and strategic insights. Delivering sustainable value to our enterprise customers and profitably growing Backbases business is critical to the overall success of Backbase and the Director is uniquely positioned to oversee these strategic relationships.
The Director serves as the primary senior Backbase executive interface across these enterprise customers through the entire lifecycle of the relationships and works closely with the customer senior executive teams to develop and deploy new capabilities and transformation programs designed to optimize and efficiently operate their conversational businesses.
The Director will oversee all aspects of the enterprise customer relationships and businesses which will include managing and motivating a dedicated customer success team, lead and drive transformation, growth and optimization strategies for the customers, become a trusted advisor consulting the customers on best practices, and collaborating with Backbase teams on new innovations, product roadmap features, new solutions, market insights, solution adoption and implementations.
The Customer Success Director will be measured on revenue growth, customer satisfaction, customer retention and customer reference-ability.
- Accountable and responsible for managing the customer P&Ls (within Backbase) ensuring it consistently meets / exceeds Backbase revenue and EBIT objectives. This includes driving continuous improvement efforts to ensure Backbase is supporting the customers in the most efficient and cost effective manner while ensuring contractual commitments and SLA’s are met.
- Responsible for the management and execution of a Customer Satisfaction program to measure customer satisfaction, establish improvement targets and define continuous interdepartmental improvement plans that ensure high customer satisfaction with Backbase.
- Manage and cultivate customer relationships at all levels that strengthen, broaden and deepen Backbase reach and coverage as measured by increased profit, client satisfaction and recognition from customer that Backbase is a trusted strategic partner.
- Lead the development and execution of rolling strategic customer account plans that exploits Backbase capabilities and drives new growth opportunities
- Maintain subject matter expertise on the Backbase technology, all supporting services, and best practices and effectively communicate all offerings and product enhancements to the customers
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure that customer issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.Participate and/or Lead strategic cross functional innovation projects and operating plans to drive innovation, growth and operational excellence across Backbase and with the customers.
- Manage, recruit and retain top customer success management talent and coach, manage and mentor the existing team. Set clear and effective individual and team targets that are focused on profitable growth and client satisfaction.
- Advocate industry and customer needs, feature requests and goals within the Backbase organization to support and enable the prioritization and timely investment in innovation that keeps Backbase ahead of the market
- Own, manage and drive customer contracts, amendments and contract renewals
- Help establish monitor, report and analyze customer volumes, forecasts and order conversion
- Own all customer communication, new solution awareness, solution adoption and best practice evangelism
- Become an expert on the customer’s industry and business to ensure we are bringing to our customers the best solutions and programs
- Support the sales process with new prospects and ensure customer success owns and drives the relationship from the beginning and ensure the initial customer implementation on the Backbase platform is optimized and successful.
- Entrepreneurship | High level of initiative.
- At least 7+ years of proven account management experience, preferably in a digital, software or technology environment.
- Pragmatic, proven leadership experience with the ability to build, motivate and direct customer success teams.
- Significant experience working with C-level Client executives regularly. Excellent client relationship, team leadership and delivery skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of an organization.
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator with proven track record of driving change with clients
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well. Strong analytical, assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. MBA preferred.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!