The Database Specialist is a member of the Products team at Backbase. Products is a multidisciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers. The team is responsible for the entire software development life cycle of the cutting-edge Backbase platform.
With your experience and skills, you will contribute to the quality of our software products, helping to realise successful customer implementations by our Professional Services consultants and partners. You will also benefit from the knowledge and experience of your Products colleagues. We work in Scrum teams in order to deliver new functionality in every release, closely cooperating with product managers and the Professional Services team. The complexity and nature of the product, combined with the latest technology trends, makes working in the Products department at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
As a Database Specialist, you will guide the development teams in their data design to make sure the microservices that comprise our product are consistent and highly performant. You will also run all these microservices in a production-like reference implementation, where performance of every release is measured and tuned. You will provide guidance to our professional services organisation, partners and customers on their database setup.
A minimum of five years’ experience as a DBA is required.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job will fit the following profile:
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree.
- An excellent understanding of, and ability to communicate, in English.
- You lead by example, and are passionate about database technology.
- You have extensive hands-on experience with Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL and preferably DB2.
- Experience in data modelling, data migration, and secure database setup.
- Experience in tuning and optimising queries and database setup.
- You’re a team player who takes pride in, and facilitates the sharing of, knowledge.
- You are familiar with cloud technology, and aware of the pros and cons of global database solutions.
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.