You will be responsible for managing all projects within one tribe. Each tribe will have approximately six projects running simultaneously, and each project has a project manager who reports to you. You will be required to carefully steer and monitor our performance across these projects. You are responsible for overall customer satisfaction and are an important driver in ensuring that our relationships with customers continue to grow.
Within the team, you will work closely with the Sales Team (new business), the Operations Manager and the Technical Director (who is responsible for guiding and executing the technical implementation strategy). You will also be the face of Backbase and be responsible for presenting all of our strategic technology choices to our clients. The Delivery Manager will report directly to the Delivery Director.
The Delivery Manager is expected to:
- Oversee the successful delivery of Backbase implementation projects within one tribe, which are driven by our project managers.
- Discuss with top tier implementation partners and boutique partners to support them in their Backbase implementation.
- Align the pipeline, together with the sales representative for your region.
- Have internal discussion with your R&D colleagues to align potential dependencies between the projects and product development.
- Own the tribe's project portfolio and work closely with project managers to steer the successful implementation of the projects driven from our Amsterdam office.
- Continuously improve Professional Services delivery and effectiveness, for example by sharing project best practices within the tribe.
- Be responsible for proper stakeholder management and expectation management within the Backbase organisation, and with our clients.
- Review the contracts and proposals, and mentor project managers.
- Be responsible for line management of business analysts, user experience designers and project managers within your tribe.
- Lead your tribe with the Operations Manager and the Technical Director.
The ideal candidate will match the following requirements:
- Proven leadership track record (8+ years) in running implementation projects for complex, mission-critical and high-traffic web applications on rock-solid architecture.
- Proven track record managing project managers and program managers.
- You are a pragmatic solution finder who’s used to making project trade-offs and decisions, and subsequently drive these decisions throughout the overall project execution.
- Strong analytical skills, strong consultancy skills, and strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Flexible regarding work location, and willing to travel abroad.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Maria Dias Pinto by email: mariad(at)backbase.com