We are currently looking for an experienced System Engineer (DevOps) Consultant to join our Professional Services (PS) team in Atlanta.
PS makes sure the implementation of our product at our customer’s location goes ahead as smoothly as possible. The PS team also provides product training and implementation support services to all of our customers and partners.
The Raptors tribe is the team within PS that handles consultancy projects. These are projects where the actual implementation of our product is handled by the client or a system integration partner and Backbase takes up an advisory role. Systems Engineers in Raptors projects analyze the particular situation, the needs and existing set up of the client and provide documented guidelines for the implementation.
This is a challenging position where you will be exposed to a big variety of environments and technologies within different organizations across the globe.
Your tasks will include
- Enabling our customers to setup their environments from test to production;
- Designing, developing and overseeing the implementation of solutions that improve the stability, scalability, availability and latency;
- Working hand in hand with our customers onsite (around 50% of the time you will be travelling internationally);
- Taking ownership of project deliverables;
- Creating solutions rather than workarounds;
- Configuring CI & CD systems;
- Ensuring reliability by automation;
- Giving advice on latest security standards;
- Pin-pointing bottlenecks and optimizing performance;
- Resolving incidents and problems;
- Collaborating with our R&D team to improve our product;
- Being a real DevOps Advocate.
- Bachelor / University degree or equivalent;
- You have been in a client facing position before and feel comfortable in an advisory role;
- You have outstanding analytical skills
- You have designed and/or built mission critical services (large scale internet or cloud-based services);
- Shell, scripting and Python programming experience;
- Expertise with Linux / Unix systems;
- Experience with any of configuration management tools (such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt);
- Experience with any of continuous integration server (such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, GoCD);
- You love efficiency and find smart ways to automate tasks for you and your team;
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts, experience with AWS, or Azure, or GCE;
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Zabbix, NewRelic, Cactai, Graphite, Log Stash, Nagios, Ganglia etc.);
- Must have working knowledge of Maven and Jenkins;
- Proven experience with production systems and dealing with production issues;
- Driven, focused self-starter who takes ownership;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with automation tools;
- Experience deploying to application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere in enterprise environments, and working with Relational and NoSQL Databases;
- Experienced with using Agile development methodologies;
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
We are at the cutting edge of the Fintech industry, transforming online banking with inspiring, innovative solutions.
We are growing fast! From being a Dutch startup company, we are now an international market leader with a vibrant HQ in Amsterdam and offices in London, Cardiff, Atlanta and Bogota.
Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet.
You will be working with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world. Over 500 colleagues of 42 nationalities (and counting!).