Backbase takes a lead in the competitive fintech market. Hundred of financial institutions worldwide build their businesses using our apps. We are known for our entrepreneurship, young team, quick thinking and handling. Together we work hard to make all the impossible possible.
As an Engagement Manager you will be expected to manage the relationship with customers, partners all around the world as well as the Backbase Team(s) worldwide.
During the project lifecycle, you will be the main point of contact. This also means international stakeholder management, dealing with politics, high demanding business and various cultures. You will fulfill an important role supporting and advising clients with implementing their online applications using Backbase Solution.
What will you be doing?
- Manage various projects/programs at the same time for different clients and partners worldwide;
- Coordinate, supervise, and be the strategist for the projects from beginning till end and manage the team of consultants;
- Collaborate and bridge the gap between the creative team, marketing, business and the technical teams of the client and Backbase. Manage the customer’s political stakeholder landscape, up to C-level.
- Develops Statements of Work, project plans, task deliverables, accomplishing good customer satisfaction
- Manage the engagements in a structured and professional manner and report on the status of the project weekly internally and externally;
- Work independently, utilize program and project management skills to plan, track and execute on program goals including scope, status, budgets and timelines;
- Manages the international project team: Backbase colleagues, partner and nearshore consultants in different teams on various locations ensuring all projects are appropriately staffed and teams are actively engaged;
- Quickly understand the situation and the needs of the client and be able to translate them into viable solutions using Backbase tools;
- Manages business and technical issues as they arise and ensures a speedy resolution;
- Perform business process gap analysis and manage requirement changes;
- Be an effective communicator and organizer.
Who are you?
You have a self-starter attitude with the ability to work in a dynamic environment. You have managed online projects before, but want to step up to manage projects that are mission critical, focus on usability and have a larger budget.You are an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels within the client organisation.
- Bachelor, Masters-level or University degree, preferably business or IT related;
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Partner Engagement or Project Manager in a client facing position, preferably in a software or FinTech company;
- Have managed IT projects from start to end;
- Experience with managing international projects and teams;
- Organizational and cultural sensitive;
- Experience with budget approval processes;
- Outstanding attention to detail, follow through and teamwork;
- Experience with agile methodologies & project management methodologies (Agile/SCRUM, Prince2, PMI etc)
- Strong political stakeholder management, risk management and escalation management skills
- Experience with online strategy and complex problem solving;
- Strong consultancy, analytical and communications skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Extensive travel up to 50% of the time (can be higher depending on customer profile).
- We expect flexibility about the work location; A team player that shares his/hers experience with other project managers and that is interested in the big changes that are about to happen in the banking industry.
- European passport.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!