Backbase is expanding. In just five years, we grew from 50 to 500 employees and have no intention of stopping yet. We employ more than 45 nationalities, hiring candidates from all over the world. Recruitment at Backbase is about more than just getting butts in seats.
As a recruiter, it’s your job to select candidates that will thrive within our company. Your success isn’t measured by how many professionals you introduce, or the amount of hires. We like to take it a step further (as in everything we do).
The ratio ‘hires : introductions’ is what counts, thus quality is a top priority. Be aware that you are in the driver’s seat when it comes to defining the culture of our company. To be able to fully connect to your target group, you will need to grow your technical skill set as well.
What will you be doing?
You will develop your network by strengthening existing relationships and building new ones. From business demand to new hires, you expertly guide the entire process. Internally, you manage expectations accurately, being honest about what’s possible and what’s not. Acting as the first filter in the application procedure, it’s up to you to save time by selecting only those candidates that for sure will make it to the final round.
By asking bold, yet brilliant questions, you reveal the candidate’s engagement with the process and their aptitude. We believe it’s not enough to simply have a keen sense for talent and potency – you may want to add to your knowledge by picking up some programming skills, or learning about bitcoin trading, or anything else that piques your interest. This is the environment to do that, and you will be able to sell the same benefits to candidates. Your approach to the candidate experience will be exemplary – so much so that even rejected applicants will be full of commendation for you and our company.
Who are you?
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
- You are a skilled process manager, able to quickly switch between tasks and projects.
- You have a vast network of potential candidates and interesting sources.
- Next to being a good interviewer, you know when to entertain with small talk, and when to turn to a business tone of voice.
- You’re fun to work with, and when jokes are fired at you, your comeback is surprisingly witty.
- You’re sensitive to the needs and idiosyncrasies of candidates from various countries and cultures.
- You have up to date knowledge on trends and topics in the recruitment field.
- You definitely over-deliver without under-promising.
- You have the courage to learn, and to share your learning process with us.
- You are a recruitment fanatic with high standards!
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!