Worldwide, millions of people rely for their daily banking activities on the products we create here at Backbase. Hundreds of financial institutions around the globe are using the Backbase platform. Not one implementation is the same as another. As we successfully progress in our market, so the technology becomes more complex.
As a Full Stack Consultant you will be advising, consulting and working together with developers and architects from clients or partners. You and your team are the go-to expert for anything back-end and front-end related. As soon as you enter the customer’s world, you will be seen as the expert and go to person. The pressure is on, the clock is ticking, and customer expectations are sky high. You will encounter situations that demand prompt, yet smart actions.
What makes this a great job?
- Unique opportunity for a software engineer who wants to step towards a business / consultancy role, but still use and evolve his/her technical skills.
- Our client base is truly global (and so are our colleagues and partners). It doesn’t get more international than this.
- Solving challenging issues day to day
- New role, so a lot of input from you to set it up Backbase’s company culture – we are a no-nonsense, get it done, friendly, open, work-hard-play-hard bunch.
- Being at the cutting edge of the FinTech wave.
- We are growing fast and are keen to promote from within, so if you prove yourself, the sky is the limit.
- You will be based in our HQ, in the vibrant city centre of Amsterdam.
- Solid salary package + great benefits and perks, including free lunch and snacks, Friday drinks at Roest ( the coolest city beach in Amsterdam), epic parties, our own boat, regular Hackathons and the best colleagues in the industry.
We will call you for a first interview if you show us
- Experience or affinity with consultancy/client facing positions
- Good business sense (ability to understand the client’s goals and challenges)
- Outstanding communication skills (and excellent written and spoken English)
- 2 years’ experience as a developer
- Experience with web application development
- Experience with using modern JS and/or Java frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD, REST, JSON, Maven, Npm
- A clear motivation to work for Backbase (look us up, you’ll be amazed!)
Any of the additional following skills will be a great plus:
- Developing with integration technologies (Apache Camel, Spring Integration, Spring Security)
- Knowledge of mobile and hybrid development with Android, iOS
- Knowledge of application servers (Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere)
- Familiar with database applications such as Oracle, MySql, DB2 as well as with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools
- Familiar deploying to application servers in enterprise environments
- Familiar using Agile (Kanban) development methodologies
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.