This role is part of a new team within the Professional Services (PS) Department at Backbase. PS makes sure that the implementation of our product goes as smoothly as possible.
You will be advising and supporting developers and architects from clients or partners who are building flagship banking solutions with the Backbase product all around the world.
What makes this a great job?
- Unique opportunity for a software engineer who wants to step towards a business / consultancy role, but still use and evolve his/her technical skills. There will be little to no coding at all involved in this role.
- Our client base is truly global (and so are our colleagues and partners). It doesn’t get more international than this.
- Backbase’s company culture – we are a no-nonsense, get it done, friendly, open, work-hard-play-hard bunch.
- You’ll have a real in the way millions of people go about their online banking on a daily basis.
- Being at the cutting edge of the FinTech wave.
- We are growing fast and are keen to promote from within, so if you prove yourself, the sky is the limit.
- You will be based in our HQ, in the vibrant city centre of Amsterdam.
- Solid salary package + great benefits and perks, including free lunch and snacks, Friday drinks at Roest ( the coolest city beach in Amsterdam), epic parties, our own boat, regular Hackathons and the best colleagues in the industry.
We will call you for a first interview if you show us
- Experience or affinity with consultancy/client facing positions
- Good business sense (ability to understand the client’s goals and challenges)
- Outstanding communication skills (and excellent written and spoken English)
- 3 years’ experience as a developer
- Experience with web application development
- Experience with using modern JS and/or Java frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD, REST, JSON, Maven, Npm
- A clear motivation to work for Backbase (look us up, you’ll be amazed!)
Any of the additional following skills will be a great plus:
- Developing with integration technologies (Apache Camel, Spring Integration, Spring Security)
- Knowledge of mobile and hybrid development with Android, iOS
- Knowledge of application servers (Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere)
- Familiar with database applications such as Oracle, MySql, DB2 as well as with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools
- Familiar deploying to application servers in enterprise environments
- Familiar using Agile (Kanban) development methodologies
Please note that for this particular role we will only consider candidates that are already living in Europe (regardless of their nationality).