The International Project Manager is part of the Professional Services (PS) team. PS is a team of specialist from over several nationalities with the right level of skills and experience to make sure that our product is implemented successfully at our customers. We do exciting projects at top-tier banks all over the world to implement online banking solutions. The banking landscape is moving quickly, with a new innovations from Fin-Tech companies. We help our customers to move quickly, with the challenge to get quick user-friendly results, within the generally very stable banking infrastructure: to be an accelerator. Our solutions focus on mobile apps as well as web-based banking environments: a solution that directly plugs into the main revenue stream from banks, so with a lot of visibility and generally higher budgets than other online implementations.
In this role you will be expected to manage the relationship with customers all around the world and the Backbase Team(s) in Amsterdam and nearshore during the project lifecycle, you will be the main point of contact. This also means international stakeholder management, dealing with politics, high demanding business, various cultures. You will fulfill an important role supporting and advising clients with implementing their online applications using Backbase Solution to its full potential. You will be expected to:
- Manage various projects at the same time for different clients and partners worldwide;
- Manage and engage the international project team: Backbase colleagues, partner resoures and near shore consultants in different teams on all kind of locations worldwide;
- Initiate projects like Proof of concepts/Pilots and implementations;
- Manage the projects in a structured and professional manner according to Scrum methodology and report on the status of the project weekly internally and externally;
- Political stakeholder management;
- Quickly understand the situation and the needs of the client and be able to translate them into viable solutions using Backbase tools;
- Coordinate, supervise, and be the strategist for the projects from beginning till end, and manage the business analysts, UX designers, Quality Assurance Consultants, Architects, Front-end and Back-end developers;
- Perform business process gap analysis and manage requirement changes;.
- Collaborate and bridge the gap between the creative team, marketing, business and the technical teams of the client and Backbase;
- Be an effective communicator and organizer.
You have managed online projects before, but want to step up to manage projects that are mission critical, focus on usability and have a larger budget. You are not a technical expert however, nor are you illiterate in information technology. You need to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels within the client organisation in an empathic and considerate way. Organizational and cultural sensitivity are a must.
- Bachelor, Masters-level or University degree, preferably business or IT related;
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Manager in a client facing position, preferably in a software or FinTech company;
- Have managed IT projects from end to end;
- Experience with managing international project teams;
- Experience with budget approval processes;
- Experience managing international projects;
- Experienced in agile methodologies (Agile/SCRUM);
- Experienced in project management methodologies (Prince 2 etc)
- Experience with online strategy and complex problem solving;
- Understanding of external project stakeholders;
- Strong consultancy skills, analytical and communications skills;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English;
- Extreme flexibility about work location and willingness to travel abroad frequently, sometimes for long periods of time - but with emphasis on work/life balance;
- A team player that shares their experience with other project managers and interested in the big changes that are about to happen in the banking industry.
- European passport.
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Maria Dias Pinto by email at mariad(at)backbase.com