Backbase builds innovative, customer-facing fintech applications and services for some of the world’s leading financial institutions. As a Java Developer, you will be designing and developing applications in an empowered team of highly skilled software developers, QA engineers, scrum masters and product owners. You will help us deliver successful customer implementations by cooperating with our peer R&D teams, Professional Services consultants and partners.
What will you be doing?
- Develop components, services and web applications that deliver value to our customers.
- Work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product and ensure our software is high quality.
- Ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
- Work with your team and other developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to development.
Your background and skills
- Proven experience delivering enterprise-grade Java applications
- Hand-crafting SQL and working with relational databases
- Integration with web-services and APIs
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Initiative, self-starting, flexible and a quick learner
- Spring Framework (including Core, Data, Integration, Web, Security, Batch)
- Messaging frameworks and integration patterns (JMS, ActiveMQ, Camel)
- Defining and creating Restful APIs (REST)
- Persistence frameworks such as Hibernate, JPA
- BDD or TDD experience; writing unit and integration tests with JUnit or similar.
- Application servers such as Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic or JBoss
- Experience with Scrum and Agile practices
- Automated integration testing and continuous integration pipelines
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!