The Java Solutions Architect is part of the Professional Services (PS) team. PS is a team of highly motivated specialists with the specific skills and experience required to make sure that the implementation of our product at our customer’s location goes ahead as smoothly as possible. The PS team also provides product training and implementation support services to all of our customers and partners. Every project has its own set of unique challenges that must be overcome, and PS team members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone.
Our PS consultants work closely with partners and customers all over the world. They have the professional and personal skills required to develop, teach, support, and lead teams towards successfully delivering our enterprise solution and achieving their goals.
As part of the PS team you will report to the Operations Manager PS.
As a Java Solutions Architect you are responsible for the technical design and implementation of our solutions at our customers. You will work closely with our development team and the customer's architect to develop a sound technical design for a complete "lightweight" architecture which is scalable, performant, secure and is integrated successfully to the diverse IT landscapes. You should be hands on and willing to take the design to the realization and delivery phases.
During our pilot and implementation projects you will be part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary international team to implement complex and modern web applications based on Object Oriented architecture and applying solid programming patterns without loosing the creativity aspect of the work in hand.
As member of PS you do a wide variety of work including customer training and best practices consulting, frontend technical design, and application development on high quality standards.
In some cases Backbase uses implementation partners when doing full implementations of the product for customers. Most project work is done in the Backbase office; however some project executions are done at the customer site. Therefore we offer the opportunity to work side by side with our customers worldwide and guide them to successful implementations with the Backbase product.
- Designing and implementing solutions with direct relation to client business case
- Lead technical briefings and business requirement gathering sessions
- Identify integration patterns
- Author technical documents that cover requirements, design and integration needs.
- Manage client expectations and scope effectively
- Team leading and colleague mentoring skills
- Promote Backbase DNA
- The ability to design portal solutions;
- Experience in a product development and/or consultancy role;
- Keeps up to date with current and future technology trends
- Customer focused and pragmatic solution finder;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- The ability to guide development teams;
- Willing to travel up to 20-30%.
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Petra Wijnholds by email: petra(at)backbase.com