The Solution Architect is a key member of our sales and consultancy team in London.
- Ultimately you are responsible for the successful design and implementation of Customer Experience Portal solutions for our UK clients;
- To our customers you are the trusted advisor, to our sales team you bring technical depth, experience and assurance to a sales opportunity and to our implementation teams you are the technical authority and mentor;
- You are responsible for translating complex requirements into simple and elegant solutions that meet both functional and non-functional requirements;
- You align with the customer’s Architects and Development managers, making sure all key stakeholders are on the same page;
- You deliver sound technical design and solid implementation that is scalable, performing, secure and maintainable;
- You coach other Backbase consultants and drive the implementation of best practices and high quality standards - lead by example.
You will also play a key role in the selection and recruitment of future Backbase technology experts for our UK.
We are looking for a rare beast. Someone that can engage technically with the very best but can also translate those technical requirements into a truly compelling business proposition.The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job as a Solutions Architect with Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Proven leadership track record in designing and implementing complex, mission-critical and high traffic web architectures;
- Deep experience in designing internet based software architectures that address all aspects such as security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability, and service availability;
- Hands-on Java expert that leads by example (!);
- Specialties include: scalable architectures, Spring security, Enterprise Application Integration (WOA, SOA) patterns & frameworks, Portal and/or Web Content Management (WCM) implementations;
- Experience in creating solutions for the financial services market is an advantage;
- Fluent and efficient in creating Technical Architecture Documentation & experienced in the use of UML;
- Customer focused and pragmatic solution finder;
- Used in making decisions & ability to lead development teams;
- Equally comfortable in a deep dive technical workshop and a board level sales presentation;
- Excellent communicative skills.
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Floris Ariens by email: floris(at)backbase.com