Backbase, the world leader in omni-channel banking software, is seeking a (Junior) Legal Counsel to join our team in Amsterdam!
We are innovators in fintech. Backbase impacts the banking experience of millions of users every single day. Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created.
What you will do?
Backbase is a fast-growing fintech company with international reach. We are looking for a (Junior) Legal Counsel to join our team in Amsterdam. In this role, you will be part of a small Legal team supporting Backbase in all legal matters concerning a scaling-up software company. Your main tasks will be to provide commercial and pragmatic legal advice in various areas concerning the business, mainly IT law, contract law, intellectual property, data protection and compliance. Under the supervision of the senior members of the legal team, you will review and negotiate commercial contracts (e.g. sales contracts, partnership agreement, NDAs), and review other commitments for potential risks and liabilities. You will work closely with Backbase’s commercial teams globally in the bidding processes and contract negotiations in the different time zones in which they operate. In addition, you will work closely with Finance and HR departments on business support matters and contribute to projects for streamlining legal processes, contract management, improving templates and rolling out compliance programs to keep our growth healthy and sustainable.
The (Junior) Legal Counsel is part of the Backbase’s legal team in Amsterdam.
What you need to have?
- University degree in law from a major jurisdiction (Master’s degree (LLM) or equivalent);
- Around 2-4 years of experience in a law firm or as an inhouse legal counsel;
- Affinity with IT/software/technology industry;
- Proven excellent contract drafting and negotiating skills in English;
- Proven excellent analytical and communication skills - you can analyse data and communicate your results to others;
- Business and result oriented with hands-on and flexible attitude;
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player;
- Service minded self-starter with ability to work independently and a willingness to learn;
- You hold a valid work permit for the Netherlands if such a work permit is required.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!