Backbase is hiring | Legal Counsel
As a commercial Legal Counsel you will provide legal support and advice to Backbase’s business (e.g. commercial, R&D, HR, compliance, finance) and streamline all legal aspects of a fast growing international fintech company. You will work closely with Backbase’s sales teams and support them in the bidding processes and commercial negotiations in the different time zones in which they operate. You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including software license agreements, consultancy agreements, project implementation and distribution/resell agreements, and reviewing other commitments for potential risks and liabilities. In addition, you will protect our software and intellectual property from illegal use. You will continuously work on improving Backbase’s legal framework, processes, templates and standard documents, and contribute to the roll out of internal compliance policies.
The Legal Counsel is part of the Backbase’s legal team in Amsterdam and will report to the Head of Legal.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job will fit the following profile:
- University degree in Dutch law or in other major jurisdiction (Master’s degree (LLM) or equivalent);
- At least 5 years of experience as a commercial legal counsel in IT/software/technology industry;
- Proven excellent contract drafting and negotiating skills in English;
- Ability to efficiently close deals consistent with an optimal balance of legal/business risks;
- In deals you know how to balance commercial and legal acumen business;
- Business and result oriented with hands on and flexible attitude;
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong analytical, issue-spotting and investigatory skills - able to quickly analyse complex factual situations and identify, understand and evaluate key risk issues;
- Service minded self-starter with ability to work independently with great communication and interpersonal skills;
- You hold a valid work permit for the Netherlands, if such a work permit is required.
Backbase provides excellent company benefits for this role including:
- Market rate salary (depending on the experience);
- 25 holidays (based upon a 40hr work week);
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Free lunch, snacks, fruit and drinks;
- Company Fitness Plan.
Backbase offers you a challenging job in an informal and ambitious environment where personal development is highly valued. This is all within a successful, young and growing organization with a matching company spirit.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page and include your CV plus motivation letter. Please specify in your motivation letter why your education and experience matches this job description.
For more information please contact Barbara van der Donk by email: barbara(at)backbase.com
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.