We are Backbase
Companies want the most compelling digital experience for their customers, but older systems can't keep up with today's rapid changes and Web 2.0 World. Applications and IT systems can be fragmented and complex, which makes them difficult to change and makes it hard to create a true outside-in, customer-focused experience. Backbase overcomes these challenges. With our flagship product, the Bank 2.0 Portal, we link people to the vital information and resources they need. We create a seamless online experience without the need to change underlying infrastructure and IT systems. An efficient design enables companies to create high-quality portals that empower both end-customers as well as e-business professionals who need to manage their online customer interactions with less IT support. This means faster time to market for new business requirements and more flexibility to optimize online channels.
Backbase was founded in 2003 by Jouk Pleiter and Gerbert Kaandorp and is privately funded. Working for Backbase you have the opportunity to live in two of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world such as London, New York, Atlanta and Amsterdam (headquarters)
As Frontend Developer you are part of the R&D department of Backbase in Amsterdam. R&D uses Scrum as development process, along with elements from XP and TDD. The Scrum teams are highly self-responsible which gives you a lot of freedom as well as responsibility to deliver functionality as a team. As a Frontend Developer you will join one of the Scrum teams.
Backbase has strong ambitions to become a major player in its field and provides a challenging, professional, informal working environment.
The ideal candidate for this challenging position as a Frontend Developer within Backbase will fit the following profile:
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a Frontend Developer;
- Good understanding of Object Oriented architecture;
- Experience with Scrum and Test-Driven-Development is desirable;
- Quality driven & pixel-perfect focused;
- Experience with automated testing of frontend deliverables is a plus (e.g. Selenium);
- Understanding and experience on architecture design patterns is an advantage;
- Able to mentor junior colleagues;
- You possess good communicative skills in English;
- You are proficient at expressing your professional opinion but listen to and value other contributions at the same time;
- You understand the importance of customers in product development and are capable of translating functional requirements into a technical design;
- Experience with ECMAScript 2015, Angular 1.5 and Jasmine is an advantage;
- Experience within a product organization is an absolute plus!