Backbase takes a lead in the competitive FinTech market. Innovative technological advancements are not just dreams for the future; we swiftly turn ideas into daily tools for our customers. Our mobile apps are used by millions of people all over the world.
As an Android consultant it is your responsibility to deliver astonishing apps and provide support within short timeframes for banks and other financial institutions. You will team up with a front-end consultant, and it’s not unlikely that you will fly to all continents to do your job.
Find yourself in Japan this month for a state-of-the art mobile project, while last month you were in Brazil, where mobile banking is still relatively new. Next month could be a trip to Dubai for some troubleshooting. What we mean to say is that the world will be your office.
What will you be doing?
You will work either with customers directly or with our partners, supporting them in implementing mobile solutions. Not one implementation is the same as another. Your tailor- made code seamlessly integrates our products with customers’ systems. You build apps mainly using native technology but also work on hybrid mobile apps.
You also train and support development teams on-site. In decision-making processes you provide guidance with your expert advice. As the mobile expert technician, you take the lead in a project wherever you can, creating roadmaps for new product development and generating a feedback loop from the customers to our R&D department. You also experiment with emerging technologies.
Who are you?
- You developed at least three apps, of which one for sure is available via Google Play.
- You think and act like an entrepreneur; experience in running your own business will be a big plus.
- You definitely over-deliver without under-promising.
- We won’t have to tell you anything about the iOS platform, because your expert knowledge is up to date.
- When we mention a ‘getting things done’ mentality, you immediately recognise yourself.
- You may be a born presenter, but if you’re not, you are at least eager to learn how to deliver an outstanding presentation.
- You like to share your knowledge and are able to clearly explain to others while giving trainings and running workshops.
We will be extra happy if you are:
- Already acquainted with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Willing to learn other technologies, and invest in further developing your skill set, like gaining knowledge on front-end development to become more independent.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.