We are looking for an Office Manager to organize and coordinate administrative duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety.
Office Manager responsibilities include organizing events, making office supply arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our employees. A successful Office Manager should also have experience with a variety of software (Google Suite) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties.
Ultimately, the Office Manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operations.
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties, including maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment, bills, errands and shopping.
- Organize the office layout and order stationery and equipment.
- Maintain office condition and arrange necessary repairs.
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment.
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease in close cooperation with our global procurement manager.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires.
- Address employee queries regarding office management issues (e.g., stationery, hardware and travel arrangements).
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services.
- Plan in-house or off-site activities such as parties, celebrations and conferences.
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager or Administrative Assistant.
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Documents, Sheets, etc.).
- Hands-on experience with office machines (e.g., printers).
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- High school degree; additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary will be a plus.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.