Backbase provides a compelling opportunity for talented sales and business development professionals to further growth the Partner and Alliances business. Mid-career professionals can grow their career into senior / director level roles in Partner Business Development and/or Sales. Backbase has an innovative, team oriented and ‘can do’ culture. We offer flexible, informal and an exciting working environment with plenty of opportunities to grow as a professional and as an individual.
As Partner Business Development Manager, you will have significant impact on the Backbase growth and success. This role is responsible for the Middle-East & Africa region. The purpose is to drive Backbase expansion across the territory by working with existing Backbase partners and identifying/developing new partner relationships. The ideal candidate will have significant experience generating new enterprise business through partners as well as growing the partner ecosystem itself. Therefore, the candidate will proactively work with the Backbase direct sales and Professional Services teams. You will report to the Global Head of Alliances & Partner Sales Director.
- Work closely with Alliance Management and Sales Management to ensure partner coverage in each target region: Create new partner relationships and activate existing ones. From Strategy and Digital Consulting players to System Integrator and Technology Partners.
- Cultivate future projects and identify new opportunities in partner client base.
- Manage day-to-day business relationship between Backbase and (strategic) partners. Communicate consistently with partners throughout the contract lifecycle, escalating important issues where needed to support business development aligned with Alliances Management and Sales Management.
- Support strategy and pipeline management with Regional Sales Directors and confirm partner capabilities prior to deals signed.
- Facilitate partner and Backbase sales team alignment, target account nomination and opportunity planning to drive joint License (Backbase) & Service (Partner) wins. Achieve License & Service targets as agreed with respective partners.
- Help partners build (pre-)sales capacity and capability on Backbase Digital Banking Platform.
- Drive training and certification in partner ecosystem.
- Identify delivery and competence needs and align with Backbase Professional Services.
- Track status of sales cycles and implementation projects of partners’ (prospective) customers.
- Passion for sales and working with System Integration (SI) partners.
- Smart: ability to understand partner business drivers and ability to establish buy-in at all levels. From sales (management) and delivery leads to senior and executive management.
- Bachelor or University degree and looking forward to pursue a career with an international company.
- Min. five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Background in web/marketing agency and/or Enterprise software.
- Ability to influence sales, pre-sales and delivery teams based on partner insights.
- Digital minded and tech savvy.
- Understanding of partner ecosystems.
- Understanding of the value of digital and omni-channel.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills – both verbal and written (English).
- Ability to set clear targets and development plans. Set objectives to achieve those targets.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Sebastiaan van den Ouweelen by e-mail: sebastiaan(at)backbase.com
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.