Backbase is expanding. There is no doubt that we have the best possible solution in our niche market. But if you think that winning over clients comes by itself, think again. It’s a tough process.
Right now the Solutions Engineering team are looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to join the growing team based in Amsterdam and we’re hoping it will be you!
What will you be doing?
As part of this team, you will be responsible for creating top quality UX and UI outputs across our products and proof of concepts, all the while driving design best practices throughout the team and wider business.
Products: the Backbase Platform caters for a wide range of clients - from retail banking to business banking, wealth management to insurance and beyond. Our product demos are crucial for us winning new business and so we place high importance on enhancing them with the latest trends in design and technology, whilst maintaining a sophisticated and modern overall, consistent brand. There is plenty of scope drive the UX, visuals, and style guides of these products, which makes this a particularly creative and important part to play in the sales team.
Proof of Concepts: further along the line of the sales funnel, we sometimes need to pull together small teams of developers and designers to create tailored implementations of our software in order to convince our clients that that we can handle anything they need us to handle. These proof of concepts are fast paced and exciting by nature, and require an experienced designer to come in and quickly identify and execute the best UX patterns and UI as part of a polished and impressive interface with which to blow our clients minds.
In addition to these main responsibilities, from time to time you may also be involved in other cool opportunities such as delivering UX workshops to clients, assisting the marketing team with design projects, providing mockups and other visuals for RFPs. You may also sometimes be required to travel.
- Be the UX representative for the Solutions-Engineering team
- Work autonomously to create mind-blowing interactions and designs for proof of concepts
- Drive the latest style guides and interaction patterns of our products
- Bring new ideas from the fintech and design industries to keep our products and demos ahead of the game
- Conduct user tests on our products and implement prioritised changes based on the feedback
- Create clear UX strategies and roadmaps that support efficiency and impact of the team’s UX outputs.
- Prepare inspirational visuals to help support our RFPs and pitches
- Assist marketing team when needed on print / merchandise products
- Lead UX workshops with our potential clients
- Maintain relationships with designers from other departments in order to stay aligned
Who are you?
- When we mention a getting-things-done mentality, you immediately recognise yourself.
- You are an experienced designer, able to work autonomously
- You can be relied upon to organise your own workload and deliver within tight timelines
- You have ambitions to help forge a design system based on best practices within a growing team
- You are genuinely passionate about UX, UI and motion design and can communicate your ideas clearly to those around you
- You are pro-active self-learner, keeping your expert knowledge up to date
- You definitely over deliver, without under promising
- written and verbal fluency in English
- 3 - 5 years experience in interaction design
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision and Sketch
- Motion design and print design would be a bonus
- Experience in wireframing and prototyping
- Ability to create and work to style guides
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Already developed approaches and tools for how you work as part of a fast paced team
- Stakeholder management, including the ability to clearly validate your design choices
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.