We are innovators in fintech. Backbase impacts the banking experience of millions of users every single day. Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created.
As Product Owner you will be responsible for our Identity and Access Management solution. It’s your job to manage these set of features through the complete product life cycle: from defining new requirements together with customers, to creating the first prototype, to launching the new features with real customers in production, and taking care of product support and maintenance.
You are a customer-obsessed, and bring a mix of technical, business and UX know-how to your teams. By believing in a lean startup approach to product development, you stay focused on a constant cycle of feedback, and aim to bring the most value to our customers with minimal effort. You strive to help your team members in doing their best work, and are empowered by new ideas and creativity.
What will you be doing?
As Product Owner, you are working in one of the tribes within our Products department. A Backbase Tribe contains 2 to 4 squads (scrum teams), each consisting of 12 people max. You’ll be responsible for features created by around 20 to 30 people, and will work with a Development Manager who’s in charge of timely delivery and quality, while you manage what we create, for whom, why and in which priority. Simultaneously, you have to make sure that products and features your tribe creates are presented in the most beneficial way: from product demos, to presentations and marketing collateral, you’re in charge.
Still here? Good! We’re glad you know what it means to solve complex, functional and analytical problems, and a strong customer focus. We’re also glad you get things done while keeping team members highly productive. You will spend time with our customers to understand their challenges, gathering insights into how to solve problems and deliver new features. You translate customer opportunities and pain points into detailed product requirements.
Who are you?
- You are a digital native that knows loads about tech, business and UX.
- You know where to start and where to finish the process, and where to set your priorities and milestones in between.
- You take this role very seriously. You’re precise and keep a strict eye on data, deadlines, trends and forecasts.
- You have hands on experience creating Identity and Access Management software and understanding of Authentication Flows, Adaptive Authentication and User Management.
- You like to focus on creating a great user experience with solid security.
- You’re comfortable leading the pack and guiding them to the light. Issues don’t block you – you either fix them or find a workaround.
- You know when it’s time to unleash and grab a beer with your colleagues.
- Needless to say, you are a social person with great communication skills and the talent to motivate people in the right direction.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!