The QA Lead is part of our Professional Services team, a team of specialists with the necessary levels of skill and experience to ensure our product is implemented successfully for our customers. You will lead a team of QA Engineers with focus on best practices within the quality, test automation and CI spaces, and work with the rest of the leadership team to ensure the organisation is always running smoothly. These practices include metrics to monitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
- Ensure we deliver only the highest quality solutions.
- Define test strategy and methods of working across projects.
- Produce defect metrics and dashboards on the full QA process.
- Ensure automated tests and CI for back-end and front-end components of our web solutions and native/hybrid mobile apps (iOS & Android) with industry standard testing tools and scripting languages.
- Grow and mentor the QA team.
- Product ownership for the internal test automation framework and monitoring system.
- Ensure adherence to accessibility and other regulatory compliance.
- Help Professional Services teams continuously improve their QA efforts and processes.
- Evaluation and introduction of QA tools and techniques.
The role is hands-on. You are expected to:
- Test new features on different test levels (integration, system, functional, regression, exploratory testing).
- Understand business requirements and develop test scenarios/cases.
- Write test plans with schedules and dependencies.
- Carry out performance testing.
- Help define security testing.
- Plan and perform manual & automated tests.
- Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Experience in setting up continuous integration with end to end automated testing on web and mobile.
- 5 years’ relevant experience in test methodologies, preparing strategies and plans.
- Automated API testing experience.
- Experience testing web applications and mobile apps.
- Proven background in creating test cases (test scripts).
- Experience with Jenkins to integrate automated testing.
- Experience with version control systems (SVN/Git).
- Understanding of agile working.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.