The Scrum Master is part of the Professional Services (PS) team. PS is a multinational team of specialists with the appropriate level of skills and experience to ensure our product is implemented successfully for our customers. We work on exciting projects at top-tier banks all over the world, implementing our online banking solutions.
The banking landscape is moving quickly, with a new innovations from fintech companies launching every day. We help our customers move quickly, achieving user-friendly results and accelerating progress within the stable banking infrastructure. We’re looking for likeminded people who thrive on challenges, and understand the importance of a digital future.
In this role, you will be expected to support geographically distributed teams during the project life cycle. This also means liaising with multiple departments and stakeholders, as well as facilitating communications between various cultures, disciplines and timezones. You will fulfil an important role in supporting the team in achieving their full potential. You will be expected to:
- Act as Scrum Master for 1-2 scrum teams, with a focus on guiding the teams and organisation towards improving how to use agile/scrum practices and values.
- Assess the scrum maturity of the team and organisation, and coach the team to higher levels of maturity at a sustainable and comfortable pace.
- Ensure cross-team coordination, and foster better communication between the disciplines.
- Ensure that all ceremonies are arranged, and facilitate them.
- Remove impediments, or guide the team to remove obstacles.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Maintain relevant metrics and reports.
- Strengthen the presence of our team as an agile centre of excellence. Actively contribute to the company’s agile and lean community.
- First-level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as Scrum Master or project leader within a software development delivery organisation.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the scrum approach (e.g., Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, etc).
- Second-level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as Scrum Master or project leader within a software development delivery organisation.
- Knowledge of other agile approaches, such as Kanban.
- Experience with remote teams.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful agile techniques: user stories, ATDD, TDD, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing, agile games.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.