The Senior Project Manager at Backbase will work closely with the Delivery Team and customers to plan, schedule, monitor, evaluate, and direct projects, ensuring they meet established timelines, cost, and scope. This is a fast-paced position working with commercial banking solutions and strong IT implementation and agile methodologies experience will be required to succeed in this role.
Your team includes a business analyst, UX designer, developers and solution architect, and you will be expected to kick off project meetings to define, manage, and deliver the customer’s desired digital requirements. Project plans will be developed in collaboration with Professional Services Leadership, and you will manage milestones, deliverables, task assignments and team meetings. You’ll be able to identify project bottlenecks or roadblocks and resolve them in a quick and professional manner, as well as communicate project status internally (and with clients), and conduct status meetings.
The Senior Project Manager is part of the Professional Services (PS) team based in Atlanta. It is required that you have past experience in a consulting role, preferably working as a full time employee with a reputable consulting firm, i.e. Accenture, PWC, etc. PS is a team of specialists with the necessary levels of skill and experience to ensure our product is implemented successfully for our customers. Additionally, PS provides training and implementation support services to our customers and partners.
You will be required to develop, teach, support and lead teams in delivering enterprise solutions.
You will report to the VP of Professional Services.
• 7-10 years of experience as a Technical Project Manager in a commercial software environment
• Digital, Mobile Web and Mobile Application experience
• Online monetary transactions and multi integrated system implementation experience
• Advanced knowledge of the web application / software development lifecycle including UX Design
• Intellectual energy, flexible and disciplined
• Experience with Agile and Scrum
• Continuous integration and automation management experience
• Excellent follow-through and strong negotiation skills
• Great listening skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to drive the delivery and execution of digital consumer facing projects
• Risk mitigation and the ability to determine response strategies
• Hands on team management and collaborative leadership style
• Project estimation, planning and proposal writing
• Presentation and slide craft skills with communication delivery strategy, plans and status
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Financial services, Online Banking experience
• Working knowledge of backend digital integrations, banking platforms
• ScrumMaster Certification
• Experience facilitating Scrum Ceremonies
• JIRA, Confluence and related tools experience a plus
• Consulting experience
• Ability to create customer presentations with creativity and skill
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!