The Senior Business Analyst is part of the Professional Services (PS) team. PS is a team of highly motivated specialists with the specific skills and experience required to make sure that the implementation of our product at our customer’s location goes ahead as smoothly as possible. The PS team also provides product training and implementation support services to all of our customers and partners. Every project has its own set of unique challenges that must be overcome, and PS team members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone.
Our PS consultants work closely with partners and customers all over the world. They have the professional and personal skills required to develop, teach, support, and lead teams towards successfully delivering our enterprise solution and achieving their goals.
As part of the PS team you will report to the Operations Manager PS.
As a Senior Business Analyst at Backbase you work closely with our customers and the Backbase UX design and Development team. You are responsible for analyzing, capturing and prioritizing the requirements for the new customer experience initiatives of our customers.
This is a crucial role within the Backbase PS team, because you are in the driver seat to help our customers realize their customer experience vision. You have to manage customer expectations and help them to translate their vision into a project backlog that can be implemented within time and budget. The job comes with great responsibility and offers the opportunity to work side by side with our customers worldwide and guide them successful implementations with the Backbase product.
The senior Business Analyst is expected to:
- Gather define and prioritize requirements of the project in close collaboration with the client;
- Write functional requirements using use case specifications or user stories;
- Perform business process gap analysis and manage requirement change;
- Act as "product owner" for the project to guide the team making the right choices to maximize project & customer success;
- Configure the various customer experience building blocks using Backbase Portal Manager and Backbase Forms Studio.
You need to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels. Organizational and cultural sensitivity are a must.
Skills & knowledge:
- University education and degree (preferable business or IT related);
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role for full service internet bureau;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a client facing position;
- Experienced with Web Content Management;
- Experienced with Digital Marketing Tools;
- Experienced in requirements management an/or process modeling;
- Knowledge of multiple development methodologies, e.g. RUP, Kanban, SCRUM, Waterfall;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English;
- Perseverance and pragmatism to solve complex problems;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment;
- Extreme flexibility about work location and willingness to travel abroad frequently, sometimes for long periods of time.
- Experienced in business processes and forms solutions;
- Experience in Financial Services industry;
- Experienced with Digital Marketing;
- Experienced in requirement management tools;
- Experienced in project management tools;
- Experienced with e-commerce.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!