Backbase products are used by people like you and I every single day. What we do impacts the banking experience of millions worldwide. Maintaining and developing our platform requires dedication, ownership and vision.
As a Front-end Developer, it is your core responsibility, together with your team, to maintain and extend components of the Backbase platform. In the seemingly dusty banking business, outstanding innovation is occurring. That’s why we develop new features and constantly release updates in two-week sprints.
It’s up to you to take our product to the next level and adapt to new technology. Your eye for functionality and convenience is excellent. The knowledge that what you build will be used all over the world (and will for years to come) is why you deliver only your best work.
What will you be doing?
Being part of a scrum team, you dedicate yourself every day to the maintenance and development of the Backbase front-end platform. You will engage in daily stand-ups, during which you and your fellow team members will discuss the work to be done, and priorities. We expect you to create your own vision and initiate improvements.
You provide the best possible user experience. The devil is in the detail, and nothing escapes your sight. You take ownership of the technical design and development of software. The code that write is beautiful and solid. We love maintainable code. We’re building a product that’s expanding, and we’re not even halfway yet. You want your code to last for many years to come.
Who are you?
- We won’t have to tell you anything about web development, front-end technologies and related frameworks. You master all of this stuff.
- You’ve developed responsive web applications and have successfully secured cross-browser compatibility.
- You’ve demonstrated technical leadership in software development teams.
- Experience with performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of web applications, applying architecture design patterns.
- Experience with node, build processes and shell scripting.
- Your personality can be classified as a team player who’s passionate about software development and who actively shares knowledge.
- Being flexible and balanced in nature, you strive for improvement.
- Your understanding and ability to communicate in English is excellent.
We will be extra happy if:
- You have experience within a product organisation.
- You turn out to be the leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.