Backbase products are used by people like you and I every single day. What we do impacts the banking experience of millions worldwide. Maintaining and developing our platform requires dedication, ownership and vision.
As a Front-end Developer, it is your core responsibility, together with your team, to maintain and extend components of the Backbase platform. In the seemingly dusty banking business, outstanding innovation is occurring. That’s why we develop new features and constantly release updates in two-week sprints.
It’s up to you to take our product to the next level and adapt to new technology. Your eye for functionality and convenience is excellent. The knowledge that what you build will be used all over the world (and will for years to come) is why you deliver only your best work.
What will you be doing?
Being part of a scrum team, you dedicate yourself every day to the maintenance and development of the Backbase front-end platform. You will engage in daily stand-ups, during which you and your fellow team members will discuss the work to be done, and priorities. We expect you to create your own vision and initiate improvements.
You provide the best possible user experience. The devil is in the detail, and nothing escapes your sight. You take ownership of the technical design and development of software. The code that write is beautiful and solid. We love maintainable code. We’re building a product that’s expanding, and we’re not even halfway yet. You want your code to last for many years to come.
Who are you?
- Experience developing web applications using Angular 5
- Typescript hands-on experience to build UI for web applications
- Strong reactive programming skills and experience with RxJs
- You’ve developed responsive web applications and have successfully secured cross-browser compatibility.
- You’ve demonstrated technical leadership, leading by example in software development teams.
- Experience with performance tuning, reusability and maintainability of web applications, applying architecture design patterns.
- Experience with release management and Devops.
- Experience in building applications for a software product organisation
- Your are a team player who actively shares knowledge and likes to coach others.
- Your understanding and ability to communicate in English is excellent.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!