Millions of people around the world rely for their daily banking activities on the products we create at Backbase. Hundreds of financial institutions use the Backbase platform. Not one implementation is the same as another. As we become more successful, the demands of technology become more complex.
As a Java Back-end Developer, you and your fellow team members are working on the integration of our platform with our customers’ systems. You will take on the expert role for anything related to back-end. The implementation may take around half a year, during which you will find yourself travelling to build relationships and liaise with developers on-site. The pressure is always on, the clock is constantly ticking, and customer expectations are sky high. You will encounter situations that demand prompt, yet smart actions.
What will you be doing?
It’s your job to seamlessly integrate the Backbase platform into our customers’ systems. You will build beautiful code, run tests and coach a team of developers on the client and partner side. You will also provide training to those who work with the platform. With your confidence and skills, you meet and exceed customer desires. You leave behind an impeccable impression and you will bring home components that can be reused or developed further.
Who are you?
- You are a creator, sensitive to product enhancement – you evolve and adapt to changing software landscapes.
- You talk Java, you love Spring, you like Microservices and you have more than five years’ experience with integration patterns and frameworks (Apache Camel, Spring Integration).
- You also know about TDD and agile development methodologies, and last but not least, you don’t mind putting your hand to server configurations.
- You’re a team player with a can-do mentality.
- You know when to use your creativity and when to consult your colleagues.
- Because you will be working on a global scale, you easily blend into any work culture.
- You definitely over-deliver without under-promising.
- You have the courage to learn, and to share your learning process with us.
- You have strong hands-on programming skills and you like to create smart code.
- We won’t have to tell you anything about enterprise software architectures, nor web technologies, because your expert knowledge is up to date.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.