The (Senior) Java Consultant is part of the Professional Services (PS) team. PS is a team of highly motivated specialists with the specific skills and experience required to make sure that the implementation of our product at our customer’s location goes ahead as smoothly as possible. The PS team also provides product training and implementation support services to all of our customers and partners. Every project has its own set of unique challenges that must be overcome, and PS team members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone.
Our PS consultants work closely with partners and customers all over the world. They have the professional and personal skills required to develop, teach, support, and lead teams towards successfully delivering our enterprise solution and achieving their goals.
As part of the PS team you will report to the Operations Manager PS.
As a hands-on java backend consultant you will be responsible for integrating our flagship portal products into the enterprise ICT environments of our international clients. During our pilot and implementation projects you will be part of a highly skilled multidisciplinary team. You work closely with our clients, architects and frontend consultants to define the integration with the client’s back end systems, determine implementation details, and realize those implementations. You will also be responsible for integrating security layers, exposing relevant business data, configuring the Backbase portal, and when necessary develop custom extensions.
In some cases Backbase uses implementation partners when doing full implementations of the product for customers. In your role and as member of Professional Services you are the expert back end developer responsible for the guidance and coaching of our partners’ back end developers and consultants.
We are looking for motivated candidates who show us:
- The ability to lead;
- Good presentation skills;
- Experience in a consultancy role;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Extreme flexibility about work location and willingness to travel abroad frequently, sometimes for long periods of time.
Technically we are looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years development experience within Java Web/Enterprise projects;
- Understanding of design patterns and N-Tiers architectures;
- Experience with Java EE, Maven;
- Experience with application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere;
- Experience with Spring and other Java frameworks / open source libraries;
- Experience with Spring Security and SSO solutions;
- Experience with Integration Technologies (Apache Camel, Spring Integration, etc…)
- Experience with SOA, JMS and Web Services (REST/SOAP);
- Experience with database applications such as Oracle, MySql, DB2 as well as with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools;
- Experience with TDD (unit testing) > Spring Test / J-unit tool / Moquito / power mock
- Experience providing sizing and scalability recommendations and solving connectivity and deployment issues;
- Experience deploying to application servers in enterprise environments;
- Experience using Agile development methodologies.
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact Monique ten Hagen by email: monique(at)backbase.com