In the fintech market, Backbase holds a leading role serving worldwide renowned banks and financial institutions. We got there by delivering an exquisite digital platform and staying true to our startup nature.
As a Java Developer, you will be working on a product that’s used by millions of people around the world, improving existing elements and trying new technologies. You have the opportunity to put your mark on our products and be part of a digital revolution in the financial industry.
You are part of a scrum team that comprises software developers, UX designers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers. Within your team you are much more than a developer: you are a pioneer, a mentor, an expert, a magician, an apprentice and a guardian.
What will you be doing?
Every day you contribute to developing and maintaining the cutting-edge Backbase platform. You are the owner of the components you’ll be working on, dedicating yourself to making the product faster, more stable and more adaptable. You will try new technologies such as fingerprint authentication and retina scan recognition. With your fellow team members you will engage in daily stand-ups. During these stand-ups you will discuss the work to be done and priorities.
The code you write is beautiful and solid. We love maintainable code. We’re building a product that’s expanding, and we’re not even halfway yet. You want your code to last for many years to come. We expect you to create your own vision and initiate improvements.
Who are you?
- You have a proven track record in enterprise projects.
- Experience within a product organisation is an absolute must!
- You easily transform business requirements into technical architecture.
- You definitely over-deliver without under-promising.
- Being flexible and balanced in nature, you’re willing to embrace change.
- Your understanding and ability to communicate in English is excellent.
We will be extra delighted if you have experience with the following technologies:
- Spring and Spring extensions such as Web MVC, Security, Data or Batch.
- Persistence frameworks such as Hibernate or JPA.
- Application Servers such as WebSphere, Weblogic or JBoss.
- Databases such as Oracle or DB2.
- Test-Driven-Development (TDD) with jUnit is most desirable.
- Restful services (REST).
- Domain Driven Design/Event Sourcing/CQRS.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!