The Java Developer is a member of the Products team. Products is a multi-disciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers, guided by the CTO and the VP of Engineering. The team is responsible for the entire software development lifecycle of Backbase's portal product suite including out-of-the-box portal solutions. With your experience and skills you will contribute to the quality of our software products, helping to realize successful customer implementations by our Products Services consultants and partners. You will also benefit from the knowledge and experience of your Products colleagues. We work in Scrum teams in order to deliver new functionality in every release, closely cooperating with Product Managers and the Professional Services team. The complexity and nature of the product combined with the latest technology trends makes working in Products at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
As Senior Java Developer you will work together with the Products team on different components of our Backbase Suite to build, expand, and enhance our products. As Senior Java Backend Developer we expect you to help improve the Products department. You support the organization by sharing your knowledge, coaching colleagues and show ownership of one of our products. This role is a peer position in a product team, with the goal of defining the product architecture. It will give you the opportunity to put your mark on our products.
The ideal candidate for this challenging and demanding job will fit the following profile:
- Bachelor or Masters-level degree;
- Proven experience (7 plus years) within enterprise projects in different roles;
- Capable of transforming business requirements into technical architecture;
- Able to make estimations for various projects;
- Excellent understanding of, and ability to communicate in, the English language.
Your personality can be classified as:
- Leader by example who is passionate about software development;
- Team player who takes pride in, and facilitates the sharing of, knowledge;
- Flexible, balanced, and willing to embrace change.
In addition, you have knowledge of:
- Spring and Spring extensions such as: Web, Security, Data or Batch;
- Persistence frameworks such as Hibernate or JPA;
- Application Servers such as WebSphere, Weblogic or JBoss;
- Databases such as Oracle or DB2;
- Scrum and Test-Driven-Development (TDD) with jUnit is most desirable;
- Experience with restfull services (REST);
- You have a knowledge of Docker/ Microservices
- You have a knowledge of Domain Driven Design / Event Sourcing / CQRS
- Experience within a product organization is an absolute must!
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information please contact Dominique Hesta by email: dominique(at)backbase.com