Senior QA Engineer (Developer In Test)
Permanent, full-time based primarily in our Cardiff office
Backbase builds innovative, customer-facing fintech applications and services for some of the world’s leading financial institutions. As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be driving quality, testing and helping to shape our products in an empowered team of highly skilled software developers, scrum masters and product owners. You will help us deliver successful customer implementations by cooperating with our Professional Services consultants, user experience experts, and partners.
- Work closely with the product owner and developers to analyse requirements, shape acceptance criteria and ensure our software is testable.
- Design, develop and execute manual and automated tests that cover functional and nonfunctional (e.g., performance and security) requirements.
- Work with the team and other QA engineers across the company to continuously improve the approach to delivering high quality products.
- Defect analysis, reporting and tracking.
- Help maintain test environments.
- Mentor new QA engineers.
- Actively participate in team discussions, design workshops, sprint planning, demonstrations and retrospectives.
Background & Skills
- Analytical and organised approach to testing
- In-depth and demonstrable knowledge of quality assurance processes and best practices
- Practical experience with frameworks such as Protractor, Selenium Webdriver, REST Assured or similar
- Knowledge of agile principles and equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Initiative, self-starting, flexible and a quick learner.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Knowledge of cloud and API-centric software architecture
- Experience testing non-functional requirements such as performance and security
- Experience with BDD, Cucumber
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Delivery pipelines and tools such as Jenkins
- Linux command-line / bash scripting or similar
If this job appeals to you and you think you’re up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.
For more information, please contact James Christian by emailing jamesc(at)backbase.com
Backbase employees come from all over the world to do what we do best, which is work with other passionately devoted professionals to create inspiring products. We are the best at what we do because we’re dedicated to pushing innovation in the digital banking world. Every person at Backbase believes in promoting a collaborative, fun and inspiring work environment, and we’re committed to creating a beautifully designed product that inspires not only our clients, but us too. Each day, we strive to learn something new from our customers and colleagues that contributes to the holistic nature of our growing success as a technical innovator in the world of digital banking.