The Senior System Engineer (Dev Ops) is a member of the Products team. Products is a multi-disciplinary team of experienced and highly skilled UX designers, software developers, test engineers, technical writers and support engineers, guided by the Chief Architect and the Products manager. The team is responsible for the entire software development lifecycle of Backbase's portal product suite including out-of-the-box portal solutions. With your experience and skills you will contribute to the quality of our software products, helping to realize successful customer implementations by our Professional Services consultants and partners. You will also benefit from the knowledge and experience of your Products colleagues. We work in Scrum teams in order to deliver new functionality in every release, closely cooperating with Project and Product Managers, as well as with the Professional Services team. The complexity and nature of the product combined with the latest technology trends makes working in Products at Backbase a great and challenging experience.
As Senior System Engineer (Dev Ops) you will be working hands-on with the unit’s experts, Products engineers and other teams within the company, making Operations and IT happen. With your experience and skills you contribute to the ongoing development of our software products, driving your team to deliver great new capabilities. You’ll be working closely with the development teams, architects and other Leads to align on priorities and technical design decisions.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you have a lot of responsibilities and see immediate impact of your efforts;
- Team player who is passionate about software development and actively shares knowledge;
- Leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
- Flexible, balanced, always striving for improvements.
- Bachelor / University degree or equivalent;
- You have designed and/or built mission critical services (large scale internet or cloud-based services);
- Shell, scripting and Python programming experience;
- Expertise with Linux / Unix systems;
- Experience with any of configuration management tools (such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt);
- Experience with any of continuous integration server (such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, GoCD);
- You love efficiency and find smart ways to automate tasks for you and your team;
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts, experience with AWS, or Azure, or GCE;
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Zabbix, NewRelic, Cactai, Graphite, Log Stash, Nagios, Ganglia etc.);
- Proven experience with production systems and dealing with production issues;
- Driven, focused self-starter who takes ownership;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with automation tools;
- Experience deploying to application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere in enterprise environments, and working with Relational and NoSQL Databases;
- Experienced with using Agile development methodologies;
- Excellent communication skills in English
Very nice to have as well:
- Software development background is a big plus;
- Experience programming in Java;
- Insightful opinions about systems architecture;
- Experienced in developing custom solutions for systems monitoring, deployments, continuous integration, etc.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.