The Senior System Engineer is part of the Professional Services (PS) team. PS is a team of highly motivated specialists with the specific skills and experience required to make sure that the implementation of our product at our customer’s location goes ahead as smoothly as possible. The PS team also provides product training and implementation support services to all of our customers and partners. Every project has its own set of unique challenges that must be overcome, and PS team members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone.
Our PS consultants work closely with partners and customers all over the world. They have the professional and personal skills required to develop, teach, support, and lead teams towards successfully delivering our enterprise solution and achieving their goals.
As Senior System Engineer (Dev Ops) you will be working hands-on with the unit’s experts, Professional Services engineers and other teams within the company, making Operations and IT happen. With your experience and skills you contribute to the ongoing development of our software products, driving your team to deliver great new capabilities. You’ll be working closely with the development teams, architects and other Leads to align on priorities and technical design decisions.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment where you have a lot of responsibilities and see immediate impact of your efforts;
- Team player who is passionate about software development and actively shares knowledge;
- Leader by example who takes pride in delivering high-quality software according to plan;
- Flexible, balanced, always striving for improvements.
- Bachelor / University degree or equivalent;
- You have designed and/or built mission critical services (large scale internet or cloud-based services);
- Shell, scripting and Python programming experience;
- Expertise with Linux / Unix systems;
- Experience with any of configuration management tools (such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt);
- Experience with any of continuous integration server (such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, GoCD);
- You love efficiency and find smart ways to automate tasks for you and your team;
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts, experience with AWS, or Azure, or GCE;
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Zabbix, NewRelic, Cactai, Graphite, Log Stash, Nagios, Ganglia etc.);
- Proven experience with production systems and dealing with production issues;
- Driven, focused self-starter who takes ownership;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with automation tools;
- Experience deploying to application servers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere in enterprise environments, and working with Relational and NoSQL Databases;
- Experienced with using Agile development methodologies;
- Excellent communication skills in English
Very nice to have as well:
- Software development background is a big plus;
- Experience programming in Java;
- Insightful opinions about systems architecture;
- Experienced in developing custom solutions for systems monitoring, deployments, continuous integration, etc.