Backbase products are used by people like you and I every single day. What we do impacts the banking experience of millions worldwide. Maintaining and developing our platform requires dedication, ownership and vision.
As a Senior Web Developer, you will be designing and developing responsive web applications in an empowered team of highly skilled software developers, QA engineers, scrum masters and product owners. You will help us deliver successful customer implementations by cooperating with our Professional Services consultants, user experience experts, and partners.
What will you be doing?
- Design and develop web applications using a modern, responsive stack and tooling.
- Work closely with the product owner, developers and QA engineers to shape the product, analyse requirements and ensure our software is high quality.
- Ensure our solutions are tested, accessible, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
- Work with your team and other web developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to front-end development.
- Mentor other web developers – be an approachable, passionate authority in front-end development and technology.
Background & Skills
- Experience developing with ECMAScript 2015/6
- Solid CSS3 & HTML5 skills
- 3+ years’ experience developing responsive browser-based applications
- 3+ years’ experience of frameworks such as Angular / AngularJS, Twitter Bootstrap or similar technologies
- Definition and integration with RESTful APIs
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Initiative, self-starting, flexible and a quick learner
- Experience writing unit and integration tests with Jasmine, Protractor, Selenium Webdriver or similar. Worked with TDD, BDD methodologies
- Worked with and/or defined modern tooling; including precompilers (SASS, LESS), code optimisers, linters, etc.
- Experienced with Scrum and Agile practices, automated testing, continuous integration builds
- Demonstrated technical leadership in software development teams
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!