We're looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate Software Development Manager to help us further establish our leadership position, guiding the development team through an exciting fintech landscape. As Development Manager, you will be leading a tribe of development squads within R&D, together with a Product Manager and a Platform Architect. You contribute directly to the products used by our global customers and will have an impact on the 70+ million end-customers they serve on a daily basis.
You have experience as a Software Development Manager in complex software projects, and you’re output-oriented. You have sufficient technology skills to interact with your technical colleagues. You need to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels inside and outside our organization. You drive the delivery within the squads so that we can meet our customer commitments.
- Bachelor, Masters-level or University degree, preferably business- or IT-related.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a software development manager, project manager or release manager. Preferably, you will have developed software yourself.
- Experience delivering software as a product, or ‘as a service’, for multiple customers.
- Experience with Agile software development, including continuous integration, automated testing and applicable tooling such as Jira, Git, etc.
- Experience in complex problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- You are a team player who stimulates and facilitates personal and professional growth in your colleagues.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!