Backbase is taking a lead in the fintech market. Our work comprises high-end projects for banks and financial institutions, accelerating their digital transformation. Omni-channel solutions are out there to be implemented, we just need you to design the architecture.
As a Solutions Architect, it’s your job to ascertain that envisaged solutions become reality. Taking this client-facing role, you are equally comfortable in deep-dive technical workshops and in board-level sales presentations. Having earned your stripes in designing web-based architectures, you have no problem finding the scope in large-scale, complex projects.
To the development team, you are the vital mainstay during processes of implementation. To customers and partners, you are the expert liaison with a keen feel for their needs. So besides being a great technician, you are also a considerate companion who delivers remarkable results on a continuous basis.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of the development team in which you will fulfil a leading role only gained by excellent performance. Talking highly specific technical details as well as discussing general business outcomes, you comfortably translate customer requirements into a distinguished design. You dedicate yourself to security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability and serviceability.
You know our projects are to be delivered according to briefing, time and budget, but you also know our technicians need their space to build the solutions you’ve defined. By creating structure and clear explanations, you provide guidance and oversight to your team.
Also part of the job is creating technical architecture documentation; working with the QA lead to define the test strategy; leading DevOps to define and implement CI/CD pipelines; ensuring that implementations meet non-functional requirements, and you will be travelling a significant amount of the time, spending time on-site during the inception phase and when providing training and workshops.
Who are you?
- Your knowledge of the Java platform exceeds our expectations.
- Experienced in Spring, Maven and Jenkins.
- You have a demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), as well as Micro-Services Architecture.
- When we ask you about architectural frameworks, you easily dig up your knowledge and best practices.
- You have professionally worked with Enterprise Integration Patterns and Frameworks.
- And let’s not forget your broad, operational knowledge of application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy web applications in a highly available and scalable environment.
- Last but not least, you have excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
We will be extra happy if you:
- Have created solutions for financial services (especially banking).
- Have experience with Portal/Web Content Management.
- Are familiar with architectural patterns, such as Microservices, CQRS, event sourcing.
- Have experience with server virtualization and containers technology such as Docker, VMWare, HyperV.
- Have professionally used Integration Platforms, API Gateway, etc.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.