Backbase products are implemented into systems of leading banks and financial institutions all over the world. Accelerating digital transformations in the financial world isn’t done by just routine. Each project requires custom technical leadership.
As a Technical Director, you oversee your portfolio of projects. You manage both your team results and client expectations. Leading multiple delivery teams, you are on top of new developments and near-future demands, translating your project insights into product vision.
Being part of a management team for multiple projects, together with the operations manager and the delivery manager, you run your own fintech business. In this role, it comes down to your expert technical knowledge as much as your leadership skills.
What will you be doing?
From kick-start sessions with clients and partners, where technical requirements are discussed, you take the lead all the way to the moment the project is signed off. No matter who you talk to, you impress with your technical knowledge and compelling presentations.
You manage and mitigate technical risks. As a master planner and ingenious technician, you define strategies and align them with standards. You identify technical improvements and follow up on them. If relevant, you ensure that custom solutions are translated to a general solution. Not only do you supervise the technical specifics, you also support and evaluate your team, verifying that the technical level is unprecedented. We work on a global scale, so you will regularly travel abroad.
Who are you?
- You mastered in IT.
- The Agile philosophy has already became your lifestyle.
- In designing customer-journey-driven architectures, you’re familiar with all stages of making it production-ready.
- You take pride in over-delivering.
- You have strong hands-on programming skills.
- We won’t have to tell you anything about application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy modern applications. Your expert knowledge is always up to date.
- You don’t mind discovering the world by traveling 20-50% of your time.
We will be extra happy if you:
- Created solutions for financial services (especially banking).
- Experience with Portal/Web Content Management.
- Familiar with architectural patterns such as Microservices, CQRS, event sourcing.
- Have experience with server virtualisation and containers technology such as Docker, VMWare, HyperV.
- Experience using API gateway, service registry, etc.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.