The Technical Director Asia Pacific is one of the key people building a new Professional Services team in India Mumbai. You are responsible for all architecture and solution designs for Backbase client implementations in the Asia Pacific region. The primary aim of the role is to oversee a team of solution architects to ensure world-class solutions are delivered for our customers. The role also involves collaboration with a broad range of specialists across the business, such as experts in application development, solution architecture, business analysis and infrastructure, and includes the definition of technology patterns and strategies.
Report to: VP Professional Services EMEA
Accountable to: Sales, Delivery Managers, Professional Services Group
Essential job responsibilities:
You will be responsible for governing all technical aspects of implementation projects, leading the regional solution architecture team, as well as technical briefings and business requirement gathering sessions. You will author technical documents as required, and will design and document integration needs. You will be responsible for managing client expectations, and will assist the pre-sales team with technical workshops to improve their knowledge. You will nurture, grow and train the regional technical team, too, and liaise with R&D to plan future releases and feed requirements.
Travel: Yes, this role requires travel within Asia-Pac region and Amsterdam.
Location: Backbase India, Mumbai (70%) and Backbase HQ, Amsterdam (30%).
We're looking for a Technical Director with an entrepreneurial mindset to help build a strong Professional Services Team in India Mumbai.
- You should have extensive experience working within banking and/or complex financial institutions;
- Knowledge of retail, business or commercial transaction banking;
- Extensive knowledge of Java EE and associated frameworks, including Spring;
- Extensive knowledge of large-scale, web-based solutions, n tier architecture;
- Extensive experience working with web services and integration frameworks;
- Demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA);
- Demonstrable experience of driving solution design through to implementation;
- Strong leadership skills, with experience of leading and mentoring solution architects;
- Experience of agile development, including CI;
- Proven knowledge of providing digital services across a complex product layer;
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks and best practices;
- Proven solution engineering and real-world delivery experience;
- Clear and confident technical communication skills (be able to document requirements clearly and concisely).
- Experience of mobile development on Android/iOS;
- Good knowledge of TOGAF;
- Agile/Scrum certification;;
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration patterns;
- Knowledge of security best practice;
- Knowledge of Apache Camel, Maven, and modern web frameworks.
If this job appeals to you and you think you are up for the challenge, please use the apply button on this page.