Backbase products are implemented into systems of leading banks and financial institutions all over the world. Accelerating digital transformations in the financial world isn’t done by just routine. Each project requires custom technical leadership.
As a Technical Manager, you provide guidance for all members of the team while building the Backbase development culture based on cutting-edge technologies and best practices to ensure that we develop high quality working software which engineers are proud of.
Being part of a management team for multiple projects, together with the Technical Director and Delivery Manager, you run your own fintech business. In this role, it comes down to your expert technical knowledge as much as your leadership skills.
What will you be doing?
As the leader of the development team, you’ll be taking highly specific technical details and discussing general business outcomes. You comfortably translate customer requirements into a distinguished design and dedicate yourself and your team to security, deployment, performance, caching, sizing, scalability and serviceability.
You know our projects are to be delivered according to briefing, time and budget, but you also know our technicians need their space to build the solutions you’ve defined. By creating structure and clear explanations, you provide guidance and oversight to your team through mentoring, shadowing, code reviews, etc.
Who are you?
• You mastered in IT.
• The Agile philosophy has already become your lifestyle.
• In designing customer-journey-driven architectures, you’re familiar with all stages of making it production-ready.
• You take pride in over-delivering.
• We won’t have to tell you anything about application servers, databases, load balancers and other infrastructure components required to deploy modern applications. Your expert knowledge is always up to date.
• You don’t mind visiting Amsterdam a couple of times a year.
We will be extra happy if you:
• Created solutions for financial services (especially banking).
• Experience with Portal/Web Content Management.
• Familiar with architectural patterns such as Micro services, CQRS, event sourcing.
• Have experience with server virtualization and containers technology such as Docker, VMWare, HyperV.
• Experience using API gateway, service registry, etc.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 600+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. Having fun is allowed at Backbase :-). We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!