Technical Solutions Engineer – North America
Who will you be working for?
Backbase is a software company based in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and is the unrivaled market leader when it comes to providing Digital Experiences (a.k.a. cutting edge web and mobile applications) for Banks and other financial institutions. After achieving success in European and Asian markets, Backbase is now aggressively expanding into the Americas. As part of that expansion we are building out a top-tier team of Solutions Engineers to help drive new business through their mastery of our products and technologies.
What will you be doing?
Solution Engineering requires a unique combination of technical and sales skills. As a Solutions Engineer you will work as part of a tight–knit team to support sales efforts with your technical expertise. You are essentially the technical arm of the Backbase sales team, and as such you will own all of the technical engagements in the sales cycle, and work closely with Account Executives to close deals. You will draft and deliver presentations on technical topics, build and present demos of Backbase software, engage in technical workshops with customers, draft creative and thorough responses to RFP’s, and lead proof-of-concept (POC) projects to prove out the value and capabilities of the Backbase Platform in real-world environments. In addition, you will contribute to Backbase’s market presence by authoring whitepapers, attending or speaking at industry conferences, and hosting educational sessions for partners. Most importantly, you will become a master at using technical tools and techniques to convey the business value of the Backbase Platform, and be relentless about addressing every question and concern that stands between a prospect and a Backbase sale.
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 5-10 years of IT experience
- You have a strong, broad technical background, including:
- Software Development (at least one)
- Enterprise Software Architecture
- Systems Integration
- Information Security
- You have excellent sales acumen, including:
- Confident and energetic presentation style
- Mastery of PowerPoint
- The ability to “own the room”
- Understanding of common sales methodologies and best practices
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit that enables you to face new challenges with confidence, take ownership of responsibilities, and innovate as a regular part of your day
- Digital is part of your DNA
- You have experience working in or around the Financial Services industry
- You are open to traveling up to 50%, both domestically and internationally, and embrace exploring new places and cultures
- You have a relentless thirst for knowledge and self-improvement
- You’re looking for more than just a place to work. There is no half-way at Backbase. When you are here, you are part of a family that works together, plays together, and goes above and beyond for each other as the daily course of business.
Backbase accelerates the transformation of banks and Insurance companies into the Digital world. But Backbase doesn’t simply make websites and apps. Most of our customers already have those in some form. Companies work with Backbase to elevate their customer experience to the next level, and become digital leaders in their market space. We help them implement a cutting-edge, omni-channel digital presence that re-defines how customers interact with the organization, and revolutionizes the process of creating and managing digital experiences. It’s our success at doing that, along with our unique software platform that has made Backbase and international market leader. But despite having a leading position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and aggressive innovation is still at the heart of the Backbase DNA.
But nothing is more core to what makes Backbase unique than its people. Fusing informal European culture and die-hard American work ethics, Backbase has created a truly unique and engaging work culture unlike any other. Add to that an extremely capable product, and an absolutely massive market opportunity, and it doesn’t take a financial analyst to tell you that Backbase is poised for incredible success in the North American market this year. We’d love for you to be a part of it.