If you’re a UX Designer who loves to build products, and want to impact more than 70 million end-customers on a daily basis, and you’re willing to work in fintech, one of the hottest markets at the moment, then we’re looking for you.
As a product-focused UX Designer, you will be part of the Products team at Backbase, working on creating the next generation of digital banking products for our customers around the world. Your part in the squad will be as main UX Designer, bringing an end-to-end application to market.
You should have a strong background in creating products, with a track record in interaction design, visual design, and prototyping. You understand that it’s not just about flashy images, but about real customer interactions across different devices, with a clear journey and goal in mind. You can steer work and conversations away from discussing ‘the color of a button’ to proven and validated interactions.
Knowing what’s happening in the market is key. At the same time, you’re strong enough to not jump on every new bandwagon, working instead on long-lasting strategy and vision. You work smart, and you focus on delivering results and making an impact.
You’re a digital native with an entrepreneurial background that knows enough tech to talk tech, enough business to talk business, and enough UX to talk UX. You know what it means to solve complex, functional and analytical problems while keeping the customer top of mind, and get things done while keeping your squad members productive. You can translate customer opportunities and pain points into detailed product requirements, and have the communication and leadership skills to keep your team aligned on vision and mission.
- 3+ years’ experience in UX/graphical design for a product or (web/mobile) application.
- Strong understanding of interactive design fundamentals.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch and Prototyping tools such as Invision.
- Excellent communication skills in English, and you’re a skilled presenter.
- Knowledge of the fintech industry is preferred.
- You’re able to walk us through your recent design work and portfolio.
- Experience as a designer working in an Agile team environment is a plus.
- Passion with the latest in design methodologies and technologies.
- Experience with managing internal documentation, pattern libraries and style libraries.
Whether or not you’ve heard of us, you and your friends have probably used some of the products we’ve created. Backbase accelerates the transformation of digital banking. From being a Dutch startup company five years ago, we are now an international market leader. Despite having a leading market position, we haven’t lost our startup mentality and we’re not done innovating just yet. Working in teams with highly talented and skilled professionals from all over the world, we share a drive to make things better, nicer, and more advanced. More than 400 specialists dedicate themselves to what we do best, which is transforming global financial services with inspiring, innovative solutions. At Backbase, we love to create outstanding experiences, not just for our customers and users, but for ourselves, and this is what motivates us to transform our industry by delivering our best work.